Monthly Overview: January 2015
Welcome to my new series the Monthly Overview where I will be looking past at the past month, recapping any exciting news I have to share and looking back at what has been happening on Dovaston’s Diaries this month. I will also be including a list of things that I have been loving; from other blogs, to books, to places.. you get the idea.
So let’s get started..
- Dovaston’s Diaries officially joined Twitter and Facebook this month. It now has it’s own Twitter account @DovsDiaries and Facebook page. If you aren’t already following me, what are you waiting for?!
- My post Cruising around the Cotswolds featured in Log House Holiday‘s the 8 Cotswold Blogs We Loved in 2014.
- You may have also noticed a change in my blog’s design – a new theme, colour scheme and what I think, is a much slicker look! Do let me know what you think in the comments!
- I did my first collaborative blog post over on Travelling Buzz – Perfect Weekend Getaways. Make sure you head over to Maria’s blog and have a read of it!
- Finally, this month saw me booking some exciting trips for the year ahead including a tour of Scandinavia, as well as a return to the Vaterland and a trip to Istanbul!
An overview of what’s been happening on the blog this month:
- 2015: New Year, New Adventures: A summary of what is in store for me in the coming year, from my Graduation in July to my 2015 travel plans!
- What’s On My Travel Bucket List?: I finally got around to making my own ultimate bucket list – take a look, maybe it will help to inspire you!
- Glasgow (A Summertime Throwback): A look back on my trip to the Scottish capital
- New York: A Photo Diary: Check out my favourite snapshots from my trip to the Concrete Jungle!
- Travel Hacks: How to Travel Cheaply in Germany : My short guide on how to travel on a budget throughout Germany!
- A Day in London: Exploring Greenwich & Canary Wharf: A visit to two very different parts of London
- Glasgow: Day 2 in the Scottish Capital: My second day exploring Glasgow – visiting the People’s Palace, the Necropolis and indulging in a bit of retail therapy!
- January has been a month of connecting with fellow bloggers over on Facebook and through WordPress.com’s Blogging101 course. I’ve ‘met’ so many lovely people and it’s been great to experience how supportive and kind the blogging community are!
- January exams finally being over is a great relief! This last week I have been able to relax at home and psych myself up, ready to begin my final semester of University. Wish me luck!!
- My book of the month has to be The Supreme Macaroni Company by Adriana Trigiani. Not only is it set in New York (already sounds great, right?) but this book somehow manages to put a smile on your face and tears in your eyes at the same time. Well worth a read!
I hope you enjoyed the post and that you too, had a great January!
Happy Travels! V x