Monthly Overview: March 2015
Another month has been and gone, I’m a year older (not sure about wiser) and Spring is now in full swing, with an abundance of bright flowers and trees slowly displaying their fresh green leaves. After a few busy weeks back at uni after Christmas with exams, assignments and other deadlines, the Easter holiday has finally arrived giving me time to recharge my batteries and do a bit of exploring in between revision. Anyway, here’s a recap of the past month here on Dovaston’s Diaries..
- I got involved with my second collab post over on Kelly’s fantastic blog Endlessly Exploring -‘Travel Bloggers Reveal : The Places You Must Visit in Europe!’. Some of my favourite travel bloggers came together to create a list of some of the best European destinations and why we love them so much. Definitely worth a read!
- I’ve just come back from a short break to France where I visited some family friends with my parents. Whilst the weather wasn’t ideal, we had a lovely time trying to speak French, eating yummy food and of course, sampling the wine! A blog post or two will be up in the new few weeks.
- A Photo Diary: Venice – another post in my Photo Diary series, this time of Venice.
- REVIEW: Ibis Styles Hotel, Chateau Landon Paris – a look back on my stay at the Ibis Styles in Paris.
- A Trip along the Thames – a visit to the picturesque village of Hambledon, a walk across the inspiration for Budapest’s Széchenyi Chain Bridge in Marlow and a walk through the Cliveden Estate.
- Travel Hacks: 6 Tips for Budget Travel – my top 6 tips for travelling on a budget!
- This month it’s another book: Dan Brown’s Inferno. I’m a bit late off the mark with this one seeing as it was published back in 2013, but I have finally had the time to pick it up off my bookshelf and get sucked in to the exciting story line. What I love about Dan Brown’s books is that they are entertaining whilst also somewhat intellectual at the same time – I find that I always learn something new! On top of that, his books are also set in fantastic places, in the case of Inferno, the action takes place in Florence and Venice – great for those who want to take a journey whilst they are reading!
Well, that’s it for this month’s monthly overview. Hope you enjoyed following my travels this month and I promise that April will have plenty more in store.